Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- My name is Amen Alyasiry and I play wheelchair basketball
- My goal is to raise enough money to buy a basketball wheelchair. This is something I've yearned for since I was first introduced to wheelchair basketball. Now that I have the opportunity to compete, this chair will allow me to compete at a very high level. Making improvements in your game and helping your temmates succeed all starts with having a chair that's right for you. Basketball is a huge part of my life, it is my passion and is something I can't live without. This chair will allow me to continue doing what I love, playing basketball.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- All of the funds I receive will go towards a new wheelchair. I was lucky enough to receive a $2500 grant from the Kelly Brush Foundation, but I am still short about $1,100 and I am hoping to raise that money through this rally.
How I Got Here
- At age 13, while playing basketball in front of my house, I was struck by a stray bullet that resulted in an incomplete spinal cord injury that left me partially paralyzed. As a young boy who loved the game of basketball, I was crushed. I was unable to walk and the very thought of me not being able to play sports again destroyed my morale. Little did I know there were wheelchair and ambulatory sports. I was first introduced to wheelchair basketball when I was 13 years old, shortly after I suffered the injury. I did not start playing competitively until I was 19 years old. I am now 20, I am a college student living in Detroit, Michigan. I play for the Detroit Diehards of the National Wheelchair Basketball Association.
- If it wasn't for the Detroit Diehards, I would have no shot at fulfilling my dreams of playing wheelchair basketball and I want to personally thank everybody involved in running that organization from our coaching staff, Mo Philips and Ben Ringelberg, to the team manager Gretchen Baker, to the people who make this all possible, The RIM Foundation. Also, I wanna thank all the family and friends that attend our games and show their continued support.
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- Thank you so much for all of your generous donations and please share this with everybody you know.